Apple cake with honey and almonds
- ½ cup of creamy yogurt
- ½ cup of sunflower oil
- ½ cup of Granja San Francisco honey
- 1½ cups of flour
- 3 eggs
- ½ packet of yeast (see instructions on the packet)
- 2 small apples
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Sift the flour and baking powder and put aside
- Heat the honey in a very low-heat water bath.
- Mix yogurt, oil, honey and cinnamon.
- Slightly beat the eggs and add them to the mixture.
- Beat the mixture well until all remaining ingredients blend in.
- Gradually add the flour to the liquid mix and beat mixture until you obtain a smooth, lump-free mixture.
- Cut apple in cubes and add into the mixture.
- Flour a cake pan, spread the mixture and give a few taps so it settles well.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until done.
Once the cake cools, you could
drizzle a little honey and sprinkle
some almonds on top.